- The information we collect;
- The information you share with us;
- What we do with that information;
- Who we share this information with;
- How we keep your information secure.
Who are we?
The Pink Shed, 9 Court Farm, Stutton Road, Manningtree CO11 1PW
We are a beauticians providing a range of treatments to our clients at our salon.
Information we collect
We only collect information if we have a reason for this such as if we need it to communicate with you, you have signed up to receive newsletters or to provide you with a service. Sometimes we collect information in order to try and make our services better.
Below we outline the different ways in which we collect information from you.
Information you provide to us
Information that you provide to us when using our services is collected and stored. What we collect and store depends on the context. Here are some examples.
- Basic contact information– this is usually for appointment purposes and typically we need to collect your name, address, telephone number, email address.
- Mailing list– if you have signed up for our mailing list we collect your first and last name and your email address.
Information we collect automatically
When you use our services we also collect some information automatically. Below is the information we may automatically collect from you.
How we use information
The information we collect, as outlined above is used in a number of different ways, some already mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our services– for example to setup your account with us in on our appointment booking software – Phorest.
- To communicate with you about an appointment, news or offers.
- To improve our services and make them better for everyone.
We never sell your information to any third party, but we do share your information in the circumstances outlined below, with safeguards in place to help protect your privacy.
Information shared publicly
We sometimes like to post on social media about a treatment a client has had. You will always be asked whether we can photograph you and also ask your permission to share that photograph publicly.
Whilst nothing is ever 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorised access, use, alteration or destruction and we take reasonable measures to do so.
All the data we store on Phorest [our appointments system] and Mailchimp [our email marketing system].
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have several choices regarding the information we store about you:
- Limit the information that you provide– you can choose to provide us with only the information we require to operate our services and not any optional information.
- Opt-out of electronic communications– you may choose to opt out of receiving electronic communications from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you do opt out, we may still send you other messages such as those about your appointments.
- Set your browser to reject cookies– you can set your browser to reject cookies which will mean we will not track data from your we usually collect via cookies (see above). This comes with the drawback that some of our services may not operate or function properly without the aid of cookies.
Your “right to be forgotten”
You have a right to both access the information we hold from you as well as asking us to remove the information we hold from our systems. You can request either of these, doing so by contacting us via phone or email. If you request we delete your information, you understand this may mean that we cannot continue providing you with the service or product you are currently using. We will also request that other organisations we have shared your data with do the same. If you require a list of these organisations, please indicate this when contacting us with your request.
For further information on what these rights are please visit: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/